Thursday, September 02, 2004

Cadbury World (Wales trip home)

Today was a driving day mostly. I knew the kids would hate that but I had a surprise for them (Natalie knew but Colin and Rachel didn't). Right on the way home was Cadbury World which is located in Birmingham, England, at the site of one of Cadbury's chocolate factories. We tour a tour which included chocolate history and company history. Along the way each of use got 4 candy bars and samples. The kids were able to write there name in chocolate in the demonstration area.

While the gift shop had the same candy bars that you can get in stores. It was still fun getting some there....

The only other "exciting" part of the trip home was trying to get out of Birmingham. While the signs leading to Cadbury World were great. The signs to leave and get back to the M5 left alot to be desired. There was only 1 time that I had to due a U-turn in the middle of an intersection because I couldn't go down a road!

All-in-all I had a great time doing things during this vacation that I have never done and may never get the chance to do again. The snippets of Welsh history that we got along the way at the castles only increased my desire to read more from the time of the Celtic arrival circa 500BC through Llywelyn through the Welsh Rebellion in the 1400s to today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home