Monday, October 08, 2007

Wildlife on Osburn Road

The deer are still all around the woods. I have had to put up a fence around the strawberries and also around the vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower,lettuce). I wasn't running a buffet for the deer. We have gotten one fully ripened strawberry already and a a bunch more are growing!

The squirrels are running around and birds are returning since I hung up a bird feeder.

Leo has started hunting more but usually goes outside in the daytime rather than at night. He brought us a present the other morning.

When I was putting up the fence I heard a lot of noise in the woods that I had to track down. It was a feisty box turtle that wouldn't hide in its shell.



While gardening we also found a salamander.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home